peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Jaguar xk8: My xk8 the hood will not open .how can i release

Customer Question

My xk8 the hood will not open .how can i release it if cable is broken?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Unfortunately you will need to access the hood release lever under the hood to release it.This may require removing the grille or similar to access it or a long tool to reach in from the front or under the vehicle to release it.In allot of cases the front grill or other components can become damaged when this done to where they would need repaired or replaced.Unfortunately usually this is the only way to open a hood when the cable has broke.One other option is to contact a lock smith to see if he/she has a way to access opening the hood. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete