Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

What type of power steering fluid should be used in a 2002

Customer Question

What type of power steering fluid should be used in a 2002 and what level should it be? Where is the filler?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The power steering fluid reservoir is located in the driver side of the engine compartment. It is a small black reservoir. When you remove the cap it has a tube attached with level markings for full cold and fu hot. It takes standard power steering fluid.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call my cell phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What specific steering oil and what level
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am un available for a call. Open the hood and look on the driver side front for a black plastic reservoir. Open the cap and there is a small tube showing the level. If low add some power steering fluid available at your local parts store.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Standard power steering fluid will work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to talk to someone so this isn't really helping. The car is making a squeeking noise when I turn.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK the fluid may be low. Open the hood and look on the driver side for the black small power steering reservoir towards the front. Open the cap and look to see if the fluid is low.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated yet. Let me know if you need anything else.