Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 03 X type jaguar in cold weather it runs very rough

Customer Question

I have a 03 X type jaguar in cold weather it runs very rough or in extreme cold will not idle till warmed up a dealer gave me a error code of po430 on the left bank converter can this be the problem
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That code is for the left bank converter which is the front bank. Based on the description of your problem it sounds like we have a vacuum leak which could be the cause of the cat failure. Start the engine cold and listen for any kind of hissing or air noises from the engine. Look under the engine cover to see if the PCV tube is split or leaking. Also sometimes the hose going to the brake booster leaks. I also see where the intake manifold and IMT valves seals leak. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked and could not find anything. Yesterday I was able have a mechanic they checked you suggestion what to check for and found and replaced the power brake booster hose and intake manifold gasket. They felt all was corrected . driving home the check engine came on and this morning when it was cold and it ran rough any additional suggestions. They did find codes po171 po174 po300 po153 po430