sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

1990 Jaguar Vanden Plas - Do you know how I can get the

Customer Question

1990 Jaguar Vanden Plas - Do you know how I can get the passenger side shoulder belt cable rewound into the motor (or out of the way)? It's not very attractive looped around in the passenger compartment, no pillar trim.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the cable is out then there is a failure of the cable, motor, or the mechanism and the failed component will need to be replaced. The motorized seatbelt components are subject to recall and lifetime warranty. The components are very expensive and you may be able to find used, but I wudl recommend seeing your dealer as the repair will be free if they are still able to obtain the parts.