Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2003 Jaguar x-type 2.5. The brake light came on the

Customer Question

Hi,I have a 2003 Jaguar x-type 2.5. The brake light came on the dash, also the abs light. I ran a scan finding the codes C1165 and C1175 both referring to the rear sensors. I replaced the sensors, cleared codes, and drove around awhile,lights still on. I also had the module reworked a week ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Usually this is caused by the reluctant ring on the axle that the sensor reads. The ring may be cracked or rusted. Remove the rear sensors and look at the ring on the axle as you spin the wheel. Make sure the ring is visible and not damaged. If it is then either the axle shift or that outer joint will need to be replaced.