Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a Jaguar 2003 Stype. My remote won't unlock doors or

Customer Question

I have a Jaguar 2003 Stype. My remote won't unlock doors or trunk - have to do it manually. Had Jaguar dealership put new battery in remote this morning.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is possible the remote itself is faulty. If the battery is new and installed properly then we may need a new remote. The problem is in order to reprogram yours or a new remote a Jag factory tool or equivalent is needed. Another possibility is the door module is bad which I have replaced a few for this. These modules also would need to be programmed if replaced. Sometimes disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour then reconnecting it and unlocking the vehicle using the key in the driver door may reset the module. Let me know.