Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2006 xj8 interior lights do not come on when opening driver

Customer Question

2006 xj8 interior lights do not come on when opening driver door - all other doors work
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you see a driver door ajar message on the cluster when the door is open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No for driver door - yes for passenger doors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also with key in ignition - not on - the seat and steering wheel do not go into exit position. The seat/wheel will go into exit position when key is removed, and return to memory when key is inserted. Interior lights also go on when key removed and off when key is inserted
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK we most likely have a problem with the micro switch in the door latch assembly. The latch will most likely.need to be replaced. If you have a digital multimeter we can test the circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK good. I will post a test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I recommend we go right to the module. We need to remove the door panel to access it. Click on the link. Then go to the 26 way black connector. Locate pin 25 green/orange wire. With the ignition ON and door closed we should read battery voltage. Place the black lead of your meter to a ground and the red lead to that wire with it plugged into the module. We should read 12 volts. The voltage should read 0 volts with the door open. You can open the door and use a tool to flip the latch closed. If you do not see a change then I suspect the latch will need to be replaced. We then need to make sure we have a good ground to the latch on pin 2 black wire on the door ajar switch.