Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have replaced the front suspension ball joints, all new

Customer Question

I have replaced the front suspension ball joints, all new bushings, new wheel bearings and new front shocks. There is still a clunk noise on the drivers side when I hit a bump. Any thoughts as to the cause?
Thanks,
George
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi George. Thanks for using this site!

If the noise is from the front, then it probably comes from the top shock washer hitting the body (see attached graphic). The cure is to replace it with a smaller one (Jaguar part # *****).

If there are similar noises coming from the rear suspension, then the most probable cause is the rear subframe bushing has moved out of place. The cure is to replace the bushing and bond it to the subframe with an epoxy such as Permatex Quick Set Auto Epoxy.

Best Regards.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, kindly accept and rate my answer now. Please reply if it didn't.

Best Regards.