Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

How can I restore my navigation system that's says ex50 51

Customer Question

How can I restore my navigation system that's says ex50 51 do I need a new disk it lost communication radio still play
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes if the NAV screen is blank and there is a 50 51 flashing in the small green LCD screen then the screen has lost communication with the module in the trunk. In some cases the module will need to be replaced but we should perform some checks first. First remove the disc to check it for damage. A new disc will load new software which may correct this. We also should check the fiber optic cable as sometimes it comes loose located under the driver side dash. It is the black and white connector with two black cables. We also can try un plugging the NAV module to see if it will reset.