Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 1995 jaguar xj6 x300, I received this car with the

Customer Question

I have a 1995 jaguar xj6 x300, I received this car with the left and right heel board fuse boxes cut out. Just splice in replacements right? Apparently wrong!
The replacement fuse boxes have 19 wires, the car however only have 11 on the left and 17 on the right. The wiring is supposedly the same on 1995-97 I have bundles from both 1997 and 1996 but don't know where the missing wires are on my project? Can you add something that I have missed?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, can you list the wire colors for the left and right side of what is in the vehicle, then I can try to match them with wiring diagram and see which one are missing and then compare to the 96-97 wiring diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please Stand by, gathering the info
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

ok, no problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the diagram as I have seen.
The Legend :
Right Side Heelboard color of wire from replacement fusebox
Left Side Heelboard X no matching on car to fusebox wire
Connector A of fusebox relative wire gauge size 10 gauge vs 14 gauge (or 12gauge)
Connector B of fusebox
position of fusebox ____________
O
_____________
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, give me about 30 minutes to pull schematics and see if replacement fuse boxes will work, if any wires are missing to the existing wiring bundles on the vehicle and figure out how to make these work

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help. My wiring diagrams colors are not coming close to matching up with yours. Sorry about that