Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Jaguar Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I replaced my headlites, both left and right, and still blow

Customer Question

I replaced my headlites, both left and right, and still blow bulbs constantly. Just replaced right headlight bulb 9 days ago and it just blew again. Is it a different type bulb that would work or is it an electrical problem?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Premature headlight failure can occur from:

• Moisture inside the headlight getting on bulb.
  • Poor ground supply
  • Incorrect power supply, surging low or high voltage.
  • Poor connection
  • Headlight not solid mounted and vibrating

Do you have HID or Halogen headlights?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a moisture problem S it's happened in drought weather too many times. I do not have HID or Haligen lights. My mechanic thinks the last bulb was a Heliollite brand. I read somewhere that there may be a heat problem where it gets too hot and burns out the bulb. Some other problem someone else found was a wiring harness that melted. Could there be
something with the alternator? My low beams are terrible in that they drop down right in front of the car and is difficult to see the road ahead. Very dangerous. I keep asking them to adjust them and they do but still it's awful. Can you shed any new lite on this problem??

They have to be HID gas or halogen filament bulbs, those are the only 2 style headlights. All the voltage and wiring issues prior mentioned can cause excessive heat. Yes the alternator can have issues, but that can be tested with a volt meter. There is also a leveling issue that you mentioned. Are you the one doing to the diag and repair or looking for info to pass along to a tech that has no repair guides?

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.