Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2002 X Type Jaguar 3.0 the car stopped on me while

Customer Question

I have a 2002 X Type Jaguar 3.0 the car stopped on me while drivingI pulled the fuel line and turn the key on and don't hear the fuel pump pumping anymore no fuel to the engine.if I spray ether down the air take the car will run. could this be a fuel relay r do I have a fuel pump problem. pulled the back seat out cannot get to the fuel pump from there do I need to drop the tank from under the car
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your vehicle does not have a fuel pump relay. It uses a separate control module. The module can be bad but it is more likely the fuel pump. I recommend we check the fuse first. Under the driver side dash is the fuse box. On the bottom row there is a blank spot. The fuse above the blank space is the fuel pump fuse. Unfortunately the tank will need to be removed to replace the pump.