Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I own a 2003 Jaguar S Type that has 330,000 miles. It is

Customer Question

I own a 2003 Jaguar S Type that has 330,000 miles. It is time to replace the suspension. The car sounds like my old farm truck in I go over a speed bump. Considering that I have never done anything to the suspension since I've owned that car (28k miles), what should I look to do?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using justanswer.com

First we need to see if we can pinpoint where the actual noise is coming from as it could be a tierod end, ball joint or control arm bushing. We also should check for any looseness in the front and rear. The majority of ball joints and control arm bushings are not serviced separately so the complete arm or component will need to be replaced. The parts are costly so I recommend sources like welshent.com, coventrywest.com, motorcarsltd.com and jagbits.com as they specialize in discounted Jag parts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please forget where the noise is coming from. Let's just assume I need to replace preset much all the suspension. New struts, tie rods, ball joints etc, whatever it would take. The car has 330,000 miles on it. I bought it almost new. My wife likes the car and wants to keep it. What parts will I need and how long does it take a mechanic to replace all the parts?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Some of the ball joints and bushings are only serviced with the complete arm assembly. The outer tie rods are serviceable but the inner ones only come with the power steering rack assembly. Figure a complete front suspension job is about 6-7 hours but again that will depend on all the parts needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK can you break it down for me then how much the power rack and Pinion steering system would be(ballpark) how many flahours I can expect in that assuming that that's good and I don't need to replace it can you give me a list of the parts that I'll need to repair service and replaced from Pairoj bushings struts etc. front and rear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK can you break it down for me then how much the power rack and Pinion steering system would be(ballpark) how many flag hours I can expect on that. Then assuming that that's good and I don't need to replace it can you give me a list of the parts that I'll need to replace, and flag able hours on those. Assume I am replacing all struts.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me your VIN and all the parts youo are looking to replace then I get get a price list going.