Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2006 x-type Jaguar that quietly stops while

Customer Question

I have a 2006 x-type Jaguar that quietly stops while running. Any ideas. Diagnostics says nothing wrong. Runs perfectly for 2 weeks than cuts off while dring. Has happened 3 times.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Does this usually occur after driving for a while like cruising on the highway? Does the engine completely stall? If so does it restart right away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thid has happened 3 times driving in town for less than 15 minutes. After 30 minutes the Jag starts again. The engine completely sralls: no sound , no sputtering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok so right after it stalls does the engine crank hut not start or not even crank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you hoing to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was saying are yoi going to answer me please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine cranks but will not start intil about 30 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything ??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks. Based on your description I suspect we have a problem with the fuel pump. I have run into this a few times. The pump cuts out causing the engine to stall without warning then will cause the engine to crank but not start. They also will not leave fault codes behind if the vehicle is scanned for fault codes. The fuel pump is inside the tank which will need to be removed to replace it. We also should check the battery and cable connections to make sure all are clean and secure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you ever heard of a air filter causing thi issue ?? Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No I don't think the air filter is the problem. It can cause issues if it was clogged solid but usually the engine light would.come on before this would happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did the fuel pump stop and start ? Was it going to eventually stop working??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Usually it it temperature related and yes eventually it will fail completely.