Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2008 Jaguar XKR with under 50,000 miles. It runs

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Jaguar XKR with under 50,000 miles. It runs strong but recently (every other day or so) I get a rough idle at start and an engine light (code P050B) coming up, which translates to "Cold Start Ignition Timing"- what does this mean? Where should I start troubleshooting?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

if the ignition timing is out of spec then yes you will have a rough idle

I'd check the cam position sensor connection and wiring and do the same for the crank position senor

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.