peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I am getting my brake pads replaced 2010 XF Supercharged

Customer Question

Hi Richard, I am getting my brake pads replaced for a 2010 XF Supercharged Jaguar. They just called and told me they HAD to replace the front & back rotors because of the sensors. Is this true? my cost went from $500 to $1500
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you suggest I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Looking at your model even if it has the high performance brake package the brake wear sensors are in the brake pads themselves.Any time the pads are replaced the sensors will need replaced (in some cases the sensors come with the pads).The only reason the rotors would need replaced if they show significant wear or if they are warped.In this case with them being warped you would have felt a vibration or shimmy when applying the brakes.If you did feel this shimmy or vibration when braking most likely the rotors do need replaced as well as the pads and sensors.

I would ask them why they want to replace the rotors as the sensors are not part of the rotors themselves if these are the brake pad wear sensors they are speaking of.

If you still want a phone call on this here from me to you let me know and I can offer that service.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.