Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 1995 Jaguar XJS that I had a coolant light come on

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Jaguar XJS that I had a coolant light come on for a few minutes when I started the car. I took to my mechanic and he said he would have to replace several things and it would be $1500. He added coolant and the light is off. There does not seem to be a huge leak as I don't see anything on the garage floor. Can I just keep filling the coolant as needed? If so, what kind and where?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes we need to monitor the coolant loss if any. You can use standard coolant in your vehicle as most come pre mixed. Just ask your local parts store and they should have a gallon. As far as checking and adding it this should be done in a cold engine. It is added through the coolant tank located in the passenger side of the engine compartment. It is a metal tank next to the washer fluid filler. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.