Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2002 xj8 how do I change the out side head light blub. It

Customer Question

2002 xj8 how do I change the out side head light blub. It must have lower hook on back coverDennis York sc
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You just need to depress the two side of the bulb holder then pull it out of the lens. When installing the new bulb do not touch the glass part. Place the bulb in the connector and snap it into the lens .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the cover on the back cover I have undone the top spring something is holding bottom
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your question states a 2002 XJ but is it a 2004?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it is 2002 xj8 i just need to get rear cover off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay as I had a family emergency. There should not be a cover on the back of the headlamp but there was a plastic trim which was just held in by small plastic screws. If you can send me a photo of what you are referring to it should help.