rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 1994 XJ12, when I drive the car short distance the

Customer Question

I have an 1994 XJ12, when I drive the car for a short distance the car won't start meaning it won't turn over. After sitting for about 10 minutes and 15 key turns it will eventually catch and start. What going on here?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It may be starving for fuel. Check the fuel pressure and volume including your fuel filter.

Thanks, Ron