Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Was driving my 2006 jag type s all warning lights lit up

Customer Question

was driving my 2006 jag type s all warning lights lit up then went out no head lights , can close windows , pulled over put it in park car still running, NOW CAN"T get it out of park, seems to me to be a major electrical issue , the only thing that I saw come on, only for a second, was charge indicator, need it towed, since it is in park (locked ) they would need to tow it from the back WHAT can I tell the mech. to look for
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Could definitely be an electrical fault with the vehicle. I first recommend we check the inertia switch to make sure it didn't trip. It is located in the driver side lower kick panel. There should have a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to depress the top of it to reset it. I also recommend we check the battery and cable connections to make sure all is clean and secure. We can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour and Recharge the battery in case it is low. There is a manual override on the shifter to get it into neutral to be towed. Pop off the woodgrain surround and on the driver side of the shifter about two inches down the side is a release lever. Use a long thin flat blade screwdriver and move the lever as you move the shifter out of park. Just make sure the wheels are chocked when doing this.