Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 97 jag xk8 instrument waring the door is open and trunk

Customer Question

my 97 jag xk8 instrument waring the door is open and trunk is open and hood is open when they are not open, and power windows and convertible top doesn't work at
all
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like we may have a problem with the body processor module. We can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour to see if the module resets. While disconnected check fuse #5 and #7 both 15 amp in the driver side dash panel fuse box. Also check the large electrical connector on the module located under the passenger side dash behind the glove box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just follow your direction this weekend, and check the fuse as well, the problems still there, no good news, what is the next?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK it looks like we have a problem with that body processor module. Make sure the large connector is secure. If so loosen the 10mm bolt and disconnect it for about an hour. Reconnect it and see if it will reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed the BPM connector for 3 hours, and put them back, still nothing changed. Is that possible caused by the driver side power window switch? Because this one has that parts missing, or do u think it may need a new BPM?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It does sound like a problem with the BPM. The window switch being disconnected should not cause all the other issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I purchase an used but inspected BPM, do I need to send it to a dealer to reprogram after I install it into the car? And in between convertible and coupe has different BPM? Thanks in advance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you get a used one it must have the same VCATS number. This is the programming suffix as these modules are preprogrammed. The VCATS label is in the trunk either under the side covers on the trunk floor or in the spare tire well in the trunk. It is a white label and the part number you need is the BPM.