Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

On my 2000 XJR I have a problem with the rear passenger side

Customer Question

Hi Richard - On my 2000 XJR I have a problem with the rear passenger side wheel / shaft. The rear wheel started to wobble - when I jacked it up, the entire shaft is moveable. Trying to determine if this is a CV/boot issue or if I have something else going
on. I can take a video of it later today or tomorrow and upload it - I can move the whole shaft in and out by a couple of inches as well as back and forth. Only the passenger side.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You will notice some movement in those rear wheels when the vehicle is jacked up as that is normal. However if the movement is excessive we may have play in the wheel hub bearing or it can be the axle itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is excessive. I will jack it up and take a video. My guess is that a professional needs to do this repair.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes a video can help.