Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

X type 3.0 2004 wont start had to jump it, then replaced

Customer Question

X type 3.0 2004 wont start had to jump it, then replaced battery an now itclicks once then nothing when try to start.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Please double check the cable connections. Then see if the shifter will release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake. If it does see if it will start in neutral. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it still wont start, could it be the starter? Connections are fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok please check fuse #34 (30 amp) in the engine fuse box. If the fuse is good we need to check for battery voltage to it while an assistant tries to start the vehicle. If we have battery voltage then we need to check the connections to the starter as it can be bad. Sometimes tapping on it can temporarily free up a bad starter. Let me know.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and I hope all is well. This question is still open on my end as it has not been rated yet. Please accept/give a positive rating so I can receive credit. If you need anything else on this topic please reply back.