Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My car jas the security failed message!! It wont start,

Customer Question

My car jas the security failed message!!
It wont start,
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Look at the security light on the console. Turn the ignition on and watch the light. It should blink rapidly for about 60 seconds then blink a two digit code. For example one blink then a short pause then three blinks is a code 13. See if you can get me the code. Also see if the shifter will release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blinking is continusly,it doesnt stop like u said,and yes the shiffter does move
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blinking does 2 blinks 5 seconds 2 blink 5 seconnds just like that the whole time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did start it twice today
dont know but i did it!!
Now it wont do nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok this is telling us that the immobilization code is not set. First I recommend we disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour. In that time we should try recharging it in case the voltage is low and also make sure the cable connections are clean and secure. Then reconnect it and lock then unlock the driver door using the key blade in the driver door lock cylinder to see if the system has reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u for charging me $38 for nothing!!!
Your advice didnt help at all
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

As of right now I actually have not been paid anything. I will be more than happy to submit you for a refund if you do not want to continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U may not!but i got charged !
Of course i dont wish to continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still havent solve my problem
is there anybody else