Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2003 jaguar x type 2.5, security failed problem, immobiliser

Customer Question

2003 jaguar x type 2.5 , security failed problem, immobiliser is flashing code 12
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That code 12 indicates a corrupt signal from the transceiver. This can be a bad key or problem with the transceiver. This is the part that reads the key code. It is located around the ignition cylinder. We should check the connction to it so I recommend we remove the steering column covers to check it. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they did say they were receiving security failed messages occasionally and if they wiggled the key they could get it to go away. I will look at tomorrow. Does this make you lean more toward a bad connection or a bad transceiver ? also, after checking connections if I still get an error is there a way to test. thanks, bill
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I would lean towards the transceiver but still could be a poor connection. Unfortunately there is not much we can test on the secrity system without the Jag factory tool.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no one carries the xr89998 for jaguar - will the one for ford focus and mondeo with same number work? 98vp-15607-AB
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That number does not cross over in my system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to find a new transceiver from ford (same number) the original in Jaguar even has the ford logo on transceiver.....but the bad news is still have same problem and code. Cleaned and sanded the two main vehicle grounds, and checked the power to #1 pin on transceiver plug and there was power. Any thoughts ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It can be a bad key or cluster. Unfortunately a Jag factory tool is needed to do any security or key programming.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still having same problem. Had locksmith out yesterday and had a second key made and he tried to program keys went through the software program steps correctly but at the end said no keys programmed. changed transponders in both keys and still couldn't program. Pulled the ecm (last week) and had checked out and he said in perfect condition. Trying to determine if instrument cluster - etm's are , R=0403, NR=0403, EE 01, CF1 EE, CF2 D0, CF3 E0, CF4 00, CF5 BF, PATS 02 .........still gettting code 12 after immobiliser flashes for a minute. I realize these are stored codes but does anything help? or is there any etm that you need that would be helpful ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately without a Jag tool we do not know if the cluster and/or ECM are communicating the security info.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Hope all is well. This question is still open on my end since it has not been rated yet. If you are satisfied please subit a positive rating. Thanks.