Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2004 XJ8 Vande Plas I received a Transmission fault

Customer Question

I have a 2004 XJ8 Vande Plas I received a Transmission fault and then the car wouldnt shift into the next gear andd reved high. When I turned the car off the fault went away and the car ran fine for a while but has done the same thing for the past 2 days. thoughts
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It does sound like we have a transmission problem. It can be electrical or mechanical. In some cases it even can be software. The first step would be to have the fault codes read. A Jag factory tool will be needed to do this but we can try using a generic OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store to see if we can read any faults in the ECM. We also need to check the fluid level and condition. Since there is no dipstick this is not easily done. There is a fill / level plug that needs to be removed with the fluid warmed, engine running and vehicle on a level surface or lift. If fluid flows out of the plug it is full. Let me know.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance. The question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If satisfied please submit a positive rating. Thanks.