Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Have jaguar 2003 s type with a gearbox fault reading? Not

Customer Question

Have jaguar 2003 s type with a gearbox fault reading? Not sure what it us or best way to fix? Also on start out it is gutless yet after reaching around 40 mph you can zip anywhere?? Actually dangerous when pulling out you have to make sure you have NO
ONCOMING traffic because it will not pick up speed
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

We may have a transmission problem like the valve body / TCM or torque converter. This can cause hothouse those issues or it may not even be transmission related as a failure with the electronic throttle system can be the cause. Since the warning is on there will be fault codes stored in the TCM. A Jag factory tool will be needed to do this but we can try using a generic OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store. This tool will only be able to communicate with the ECM but we may be able to retrieve the fault codes. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I will have the local parts store read the codes and then send them to you also with that be the cause for the sluggish start out as I stated you feel like you're a snail till about 30 miles an hour and then you will have all the power that you want you can zip right along but when you first take off from a stop a baby crawling could beat you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It could be related or we may have another engine sensor fault or vacuum leak. We may have lean or misfire faults.