Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2004 x type 2.5 it starts then dies it doesn't have

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 x type 2.5 it starts then dies it doesn't have any codes it has fuel pressure and spark but the injectors are not firing.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

We need to confirm that we definitely have fuel pressure to the rail. Since it will run on the spray we know it is a fueling issue. Since we really cannot access the injectors without removing the upper intake we need to go to the fuel injection connector on the side of the intake. Make sure that connector as well as the square connector next to the coolant tank is clean and secure. We also need to check fuse #17 in that engine fuse box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and it still does the same thing it definitely has fuel pressure on the rail put a guage on it and it never drops below 48 pounds but it goes up to 60 pounds when you step on the throttle when its running on spray
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked your suggestions and it's not that it definitely has fuel pressure on the rail that's the first thing I checked with a set of fuel injection gauges
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok we will need to check for power at the injector connector with the ignition on then we need to check for injector pulse with a noid light. On the connector all the green wires should have power with the ignition on. The browns are the pulse from the ECM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Green is hot brown has no pulse
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok that comes directly from the ECM so check the connections there as well as the ground next to the power steering reservoir. Also check both cam sensors on the front cover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have ordered a cam sensor to see if that is it but I live out in the country so it takes a couple of days to get it ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance. The question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If satisfied please submit a positive rating. Thanks.