peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

There is a pulsating sound from my V12 HE. Louder before oil

Customer Question

Hi
There is a pulsating sound from my V12 HE. Louder before oil pressure builds up. Louder when engine is hot. Hard to describe. I can feel the ‘shake’ when holding the steering wheel. Engine does not sound happy at medium to high revs. Feels like someone is applying the hand brake when accelerating on the road.
Any ideas?
Thank you
Charles
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with a restriction with the exhaust components like a restricted catalytic converter.I have seen restricted exhaust components cause this type of fault here in the past needing replaced to correct this issue.I have also seen issues with a lack of fuel due to a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter cause this as well.I would have the exhaust checked/tested and fuel system checked/tested to see if any of these are found to be the cause needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.