Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 98 Vander plas jaguar has stalled or lost power on

Customer Question

My 98 Vander plas jaguar has stalled or lost power on freeway and today it started then stalled and now it just turns over but won't start
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

We may have a fuel delivery problem specifically the in tank fuel pump. To be sure we will need to check for fuel pressure at the injector rail. A fuel pressure gauge and an adapter is needed to do this. We can try spraying some carb cleaner into the air intake tube and have an assistant crank the engine to see if it will start and run on the spray indicating a fueling issue. Let me know. It could also be a bad crank sensor or other electrical fault.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you no longer need assistance and are satisfied please send a positive rating. Thanks.