Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I HAVE A 1995 JAGUAR XJS 4.0 CONVERTABLE AND NEED TO RESET

Customer Question

HI I'M JIM AND I HAVE A 1995 JAGUAR XJS 4.0 CONVERTABLE AND NEED TO RESET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WHICH CAME ON 3 DAYS AGO. ANY INFO
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Your vehicle is actually OBD II so the best way to read and clear the fault codes is with a scan tool. Most parts stores should have a tool you can use.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much and where can I get this tool
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Mist major parts stores will have the tool. They range is cost hut you should be able to find one for around $50.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you no longer need assistance and are satisfied please send a positive rating. Thanks.