Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2007 xkl jaguar. Car won't start and it's says

Customer Question

I have a 2007 xkl jaguar. Car won't start and it's says catalog system failure, brake fault and dSC not available. Car won't start?
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls txt or phone me stuck in a parking lot. Thank you!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

There can be a few different things that can cause your issue. First we should check the battery as low voltage can cause this. Lets try and boost the battery to see if it will start. The battery is in the trunk but on the 2007 XK there is a positive cable connection in the driver rear of the trunk behind the vent cover. Remove the cover and look down and you should see a thick black cable. Hook up the red positive lead of your jumper to the connection under the rubber boot and the black ground cable to the exhaust. See if it needs to be boosted. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I boosted it and there issue is still present
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Press the start button with your foot off the brake and you should see a warning to press brake when starting. Depress the brake and see if the warning goes out. If not then we may have a fault with the ABS or brake switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that already and there is no change
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK since all those other warnings are on looks like there may be an issue with the ABS module which may need to either be reset/reprogrammed or replaced and programmed. We can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for about 10 minutes to see if it will reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had done that too. If its any help I pulled the two error codes off the car u0415, and p0504
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK that is what I suspected. Looks like the brake switch may be faulty. We can go under the driver side dash and look up at the switch to make sure it is properly connected but looks like it may need to be replaced.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you needed any further assitance. The question is still open on my end since it has yet to be rated. If you are satisfied please rate with a positive rating so I can receive credit. Thanks.