Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 2004 S Type 3.0 SE suddenly went into limp mode? and now

Customer Question

Hi Richard my 2004 S Type 3.0 SE suddenly went into limp mode? and now when started engine revs at 1500-2000rpm and feels uneven, throttle does not work and most warning lights are on and dash messages saying 'engine system fault' DSC not available' 'park brake fault' and a beeping when key is turned. The AA coe out to the car and put their computer on it and it came back with codes P0460 @fuel level sensor A circuit@,, P1000+ OBD systems readyness test not complete' P1609+ internal control module CPU to CPU communication failure. These are what the AA guy wrote on the sheet he gave me. Also when the car is running strong smell of petrol. Wonder if you might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help Willie Mandeville [email protected],com
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The cause of your concern is that P1609 Dtc which usually indicates a failed ECM. I recommend we check all the fuses in the front engine compartment fuse box for voltage with the ignition on with a digital multimeter. The reason we need to check voltage is to also check the ECM and system.power relays and diodes. Let me know. The problem is if a new or used ECM is installed it must be programmed otherwise the vehicle will not start.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you needed any further assitance. The question is still open on my end since it has yet to be rated. If you are satisfied please rate with a positive rating so I can receive credit. Thanks.