Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2003 S-type jaguar; V8, 4.2L 4dr, 36,000 miles, my

Customer Question

I have a 2003 S-type jaguar; V8, 4.2L 4dr, 36,000 miles, my car jerks when I pull off from a stop. There is a gearbox fault message in the driver's dash information window. What is the cause and how can I fix it?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

I would first recommend we check the fluid level and condition. We may have a small leak from the fluid pan or cooler pipes. Since there is no dipstick this is not easily done. A fill / level plug needs to be removed with the fluid warmed, engine running and vehicle on a level surface or lift. Fluid is added until it flows back out. We then would need to have the system scanned for the stored fault codes. In some cases we can clear the TCM adaptation and reprogram it which may correct the problem.