Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Just purchased a 1997 Jaguar XK8. Drove it over 100 miles on

Customer Question

Just purchased a 1997 Jaguar XK8. Drove it over 100 miles on hwy with no problem. As soon as I tried the cruise control I saw "Engine Fault" in my display. Turned of cruise control. Car drove another 60 miles with no problems. Any thoughts? Looking over the web, it seems this display warning is related to cruise control.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds like it is related to the cruise like possibly a vacuum problem. The ECM uses a vacuum solenoid to activate the cruise. On the throttle there is a vacuum line on the throttle. Make sure it is not loose and follow it back to make sure it is not broken. To be sure we will need to have the system scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool is needed to do this but we can try a generic OBD II tool to see if we can read fault codes. Let me know.