Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Pulled top intake on 03 jag type s -4.2 v8 cant find where

Customer Question

pulled top intake on 03 jag type s -4.2 v8 cant find where plug on passanger side goes white & grey wire rear of engine ---on drivers side ctr of motot black & brown wire plug
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Can you send me a photo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on my cell phone I can
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Take a photo then you can upload it to the site or another site so I can view it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only way my computer will let you view it is e-mail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Email it to***@******.*** and put the question kink in the email. Then they will send it to me. In the meantime it is a two wire gray connector with a white wire and a gray wire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black connector with white and grey wire. It leads to the passenger rear cylinder head. Seems it could be the Camshaft Position sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has the same wires and connector on the driver cylinder head as well.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
there is a cam sensor in the rear in both heads. There should be a small link harness and connector for them. The wire colors do jot match to the diagram but that's what it sounds like.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That small gray connector goes to the fuel rail temperature sensor on the back of the fuel rail. That other connector does jot look factory as it is hard to tell from the photo but the other component it may be are the two knock sensors that are under the intake.