Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..
9261905

X type estate 2005 has vibration through the car when under

Customer Question

hi
x type estate 2005 has vibration through the car when under load
bene
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

Given what you describe, Im assuming you have checked the usual already, such as out of balance wheels / damage to any of the wheels / tyres / condition etc...

If you rule these things out, have the drive train checked out - by that I mean, the drive shafts / joints especially - these are known to cause such vibrations.

Too - check / have checked the exhaust system - you can get the baffles failing inside the silencers and also the cat converter failing - such will cause vibration noises.. not vibration of the car, but noises. The rest as mentioned above, will cause vibration of the car on the road. Check too , the engine and transmission mounts - and the bushings for the suspension.. both front and rear.

If all else is checked and passed, then I would suspect a flywheel fault - on a manual transmission ...

One way or the other working through as above, the fault / cause should be found. Its not at all easy sometimes to find such faults - but those are the items to be checked for sure.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE.