Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2004 stype V8. 88k miles. I was reversing out of my

Customer Question

I have a 2004 stype V8. 88k miles. I was reversing out of my driveway a couple days ago when it threw it a restricted performance and park fault. I couldn't get it out of park. Took it to the ford dealer. They show a code of p0750 saying it a TR sensor and I need a transmission at 2900.00. They had called the jag dealer to confirm. Thoughts?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Was the code P0705? Can I have your VIN? Right now the vehicle starts and runs but the shifter is stuck in park? Is the P on the shifter illuminated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0750 is what they are telling me . TR Sensor. I'll have to try and get the VIN it's still at the Ford dealer. The vehicle starts. Stuck in park. Check engine light on and restricted performance. I tried to disable battery for 10 min and nothing. I can't recall if the P on shifter was lit up but on the dash it was.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok please confirm the code and see if you can get the VIN. Also it will help to know if the P on the shifter was illuminated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you could please rate a positive rating so I can receive credit it will be appreciated. If you need anything else or am not satisfied please let me know.