Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My driver side door will not open externally or internally

Customer Question

My driver side door will not open externally or internally on my 03 X Type Jag The door seems to be stuck the fob opens all locks and seems to click for the drivers side door but it doesn't open
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds like we have a mechanical failure with the actuator in the driver door. The problem is removing the panel without being able to open the door is difficult. In some cases the panel will break. We would need to try and pull back the top of it enough to access the latch. Then we would need to break off the plastic backing and try and release it. Unfortunately there is no printed procedure to do this.