Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I took my 2007 s-type to the car wash that drags the car

Customer Question

I took my 2007 s-type to the car wash that drags the car though. After this the light and message Cannot Apply Park Brake came on and wont go away
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Usually the automatic car wash should not cause issues like that unless maybe we have some water leaking into the parking brake control module or possibly we have a weak battery. Lets try resetting the brake first. Disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for about thirty minutes. Then reconnect it, start the engine and pump the brakes. With the pedal applied pull up the parking brake switch and see if the brake resets. Let me know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you could please rate a positive rating so I can receive credit it will be appreciated. If you need anything else or am not satisfied please let me know.