Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 09 Jaguar XF premium luxury that is constantly

Customer Question

I have a 09 Jaguar XF premium luxury that is constantly having battery issues. I have replaced the battery 3 times in less than 2 years. I have not driven the car since Friday. When I tried starting it this morning it did not turn over. There was the audio tone that you get when starting the vehicle without applying the brake and the center interior light came on. I was also able to lock and unlock the vehicle while also being able to open the trunk.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
There was a software update to the infotainment control module for an intermittent battery drain. The Jag dealer will need to do that for you if it has never been done. Also when you replace these batteries the battery monitor will need to be reset as this can effect the charging system. First step would be to have all this checked. Then we would need to check for a draw with an amp meter placed in series with the negative battery terminal cable to see if there is an excessive drain. Let me know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you could please rate a positive rating so I can receive credit it will be appreciated. If you need anything else or am not satisfied please let me know.