Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2001 jag s type. Lightning struck whitin feet. Now abs break

Customer Question

2001 jag s type. Lightning struck whitin feet. Now abs break and traction control default are all on the instrument cluster. Also it is runing the battery down. What's up with that?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
The abs and traction warnings can be the result of low voltage. I first recommend we have the battery properly tested as well as the charging system. There also may have been an electrical spike from the lightening so we also need to check for a draw with an amp meter. We also would need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool will be needed to do this as a more advanced tool is needed to communicate with the ABS module. I also recommend we make sure all electrical functions are working like all interior, exterior and dimmer controlled lighting. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I am out of town until Friday. Will be back in touch with you then. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you could please rate a positive rating so I can receive credit it will be appreciated. If you need anything else or am not satisfied please let me know.