Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

When I turn on the ac on 2001 jaguar its hot .I charged it

Customer Question

When I turn on the ac on 2001 jaguar its hot .I charged it .was very cold .Five hours latter turned it on was freaking hot .whats up with that
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Can you tell me if the compressor is coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's clicking on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok we may have a large leak in the system from possibly the condenser or a/c line. To be sure we will need to check the refrigerant system pressures with a set of gauges or an a/c machine. If the pressures are good then the heater valve may be mechanically stuck causing it jot to block off the flow of hot coolant to the heater core. We can try pinching off the three hoses to see if the air starts to cool. Let me know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you could please rate a positive rating so I can receive credit it will be appreciated. If you need anything else or am not satisfied please let me know.