Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 1999 XJR with 90k immediately after accelerating

Customer Question

I have a 1999 XJR with 90k immediately after accelerating hard it will say traction control stability control fail and go into limp home mode but if I shut car off it resets and saves no codes also if I have been driving for over 3 hours and then drive slow enough to be barely touching the throttle it will miss like the ignition was off for 1 beat again with no codes
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Based on your description it does sound like a problem with the electronic throttle system since it leaves no codes. We will need to actually scan the vehicle while the warning is on without turning it off. The code is usually a P0121 or P1121. Let me know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated. If you could please rate a positive rating so I can receive credit it will be appreciated. If you need anything else or am not satisfied please let me know.