peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I broke the fuel pipe (crossover) on my 97 Jag xk8. How do

Customer Question

I broke the fuel pipe (crossover) on my 97 Jag xk8. How do you remove it? I think I see bolt underneath each side, but I don't have any tools that can get to them. Do I have to remove a ton of stuff on top to get to them?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I don't see any special procedures for this here but sometimes they are not listed in the repair manual info.Below is what I show for the removal of this pipe.If you cannot access the bolts then you will need to remove anything in the way so you can access them.
Remove inlet manifold fuel cross-over pipe.
- Place cloth under pipe elbows to collect any spillage.
- Remove elbow securing screws.
- Disconnect first elbow.
- Disconnect remaining elbow and remove assembly.
- Discard O-ring seals from pipe elbows.
- Clean relevant parts and mating faces.
Thanks Pete