peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

There are two connections alternator on my 1983 Xj6. One is

Customer Question

There are two connections for the alternator on my 1983 Xj6. One is connected to the battery. The other one is not connected to anything. Should it be connected to something to make the regulator function properly? And the alternator is newer and was working
fine.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
They both do have to be connected.One connection goes to the battery while the other goes to the charge/battery warning light in the instrument panel.Below is a link to a diagram of the alternator wiring for your model.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4axc6ng4vxci4w1/jag-08-10.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete