Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2007 Jag XK convertible. The Fob or security system is not

Customer Question

2007 Jag XK convertible. The Fob or security system is not allowing the vehicle to start. This has happened before but reset after a few minutes....not this time. Lots of car battery life and Fobs good batteries (both). I attempted a "hard reset" by disconnecting battery of a few minutes...no luck. My 3.5 yr old gdrson had been monkeying with door handle trying to get in prior to this problem.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
So neither remote will unlock the vehicle? What does it say when you press the start button with the key in the vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed it...thanks anyway. To get the FOB to start from console insert the bloody car door has to be open and you have to scratch your left ear with right hand at same time!! The security seems to have reset and FOB now works properly. Dash had read that "smart key not Identified". With a Jag I'm sure you will hear from me again!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me know if you need anything else.