Anthony
Anthony, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

I have a 2002 jaguar x type and have brake problem. It began

Customer Question

I have a 2002 jaguar x type and have brake problem. It began like pumping up back towards me when I pressed on them. Then I bleed them and still no luck. I need a response fast, this is my wife's and Childs means of only transportation......help. ASAP. Jose arvizu.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

If you remove fuse #3 at the under hood fuse block, does the brakes work normal? A picture of the fuses is below:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they began to work normal, so what does that fuse go to, and what's bad, the abs mechanism?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx u by the way.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for any delays.

Yes removing the fuse cuts the abs unit out of the loop. It sounds like the abs unit is bad. However you want to have yours scan tested to be sure its not a wheel speed sensor gone bad and reading zero which would cause the same symptom. Its safe to drive without the fuse.