peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Jaguar xk8: Richard,I have a 97 jag xk8.Im having an

Customer Question

hi Richard,
I have a 97 jag xk8.
Im having an issue with the A/C.
I just had it checked and the mechanic said the freon is fine but could be something more drastic. The jag constantly blows hot air regardless what i choose. Any ideas??
Justin
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In allot of cases a fault like this may be caused by the ac compressor itself at fault mechanically needing replaced or an issue with a pressure or temp sensor for the ac system.Unfortunately what will need to be done from here first is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and from there diagnosed to locate and repair the cause.
Thanks Pete