Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..
9261905

Jaguar XK8: on a oo jag xk8 all r hand cylinders are not f

Customer Question

on a oo jag xk8 all r hand cylinders are not firing/why
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise.. Sorry to see you have had a wait.If one complete bank is not firing then its usually an electrical / ignition fault.. You need to check if you are getting ignition - ie, spark at the plugs on that bank...or, if its sparking but its not getting fuel.If no spark -then check the connections to the ign coils - You can have bad connections.. or bad coils.If no fuel being injected - check the wiring / looms on that bank.While you could have faulty ign coils there - even a faulty Ecm module... ( which drives the coils ) - its common to have a bad loom / breaks in the wiring or chaffed / damaged wiring on the one side - so that should be carefully checked through before condemning any given part..Thats the way to work through this one to trace your cause.A plug in diagnostic test can also be done if need be to find the cause if the wiring proves to be ok.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.